Areas of Expertise
- Cartography and Cadastre
- Earth and Marine Sciences
- Electric Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Fishing Technology
- Geology Engineering
- Information Technologies
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physical Science
- Science Education
|Bachelor of Science
· Geology (Minor – Petroleum Engineer), University of Missouri
Master of Science
· College instructor, adjunct, 1995-2012
– Palomar College, oceanography lecture and lab
– MiraCosta College, geology lecture and lab, oceanography lecture, physical science
– United States International University, physical science
|· Co-principal author, Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program, Initial Reports, Volume 137 (1992): College Station, TX (Ocean Drilling Program).
· Master of Science Thesis, Texas A&M University (1994): “The Hydraulic Piston Corer as a Tool for the Sampling of Unconsolidated Sediments: Its History, Applications, Limitations, and Potential.”
· “Operational Aspects of Borehole Deployment of a Marine Seismic System in Deep Water;” presented at the 16th Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, TX, May 7-9, 1984.
· “JOIDES Resolution–Scientific Drillship of the ‘80’s;” presented at the Marine Technology Society conference on “Ocean Engineering and the Environment,” San Diego, CA, November 12-14, 1985.
· “Scientific Ocean Drilling in Ice-laden Regions;” presented at the International Association for Hydraulics Research 9th International Symposium on Ice, Sapporo, Japan, August 23-27, 1988.
· “Pollution-prevention Measures in Scientific Ocean Drilling;” presented at the First Thematic Conference on Remote Sensing for Marine and Coastal Environments, New Orleans, LA, June 15-17, 1992.
· “Close Encounters on the Ocean Floor;” presented at the Society for Underwater Technology Conference on Man-Made Objects on the Seafloor, London, February 1-2, 1995.
|CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS|
|· Association of Earth Science Editors
· San Diego Association of Geologists
· Veterans’ Writing Group of San Diego County