Areas of Expertise
- Chemical Biology
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Medical Biology
- Organic Chemistry
|Master of Science
· Medicinal Chemistry (Hons), University of Leeds, 2003
· Thames Restek UK Ltd, Comprehensive Gas Chromatography (2011).
· Swagelok Installation Course: Tube fitting assembly, tube bending techniques and installation practises (2011).
· The operation and maintenance of 25 and 50 L QVF batch reactors for process development and scale-up (2012).
· Post Doctoral Research Fellow, School of Chemistry, University of Leeds, 2007-2009
· Post Doctoral Research Fellow, School of Chemistry, University of Leeds, 2009-2010
· Laboratory Manager/Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Process Research and Development, University of Leeds, 2010-2013
|· SCI Process Development Symposium, Student Bursary, Robinson College, 2004
· The 10th RSC-SCI Joint Meeting on Heterocyclic Chemistry, Poster Presentation, Harrogate, 2006
· The 18th SCI Regional Postgraduate Symposium, Oral Presentation, Durham University, 2007
· The Northern Sustainable Chemistry Symposium, Oral Presentation, University of York, 2010
· Oral Presentation, Oral Presentation, University of Leeds, 2010, 2012
· RSC organic division NE regional meeting, Oral Presentation, University of York, 2012
· Microsoft Office
· The successful synthesis of natural products including; Ionomycin, a fragment of Zincophorin, Ebelactones A and B, (±)-Desbromoarborescidine A and the Pseudopterosin A–F aglycone
· Proficient working on small (mol) to large (mol, up to 5 L) laboratory scale reactions and the operation of 25 L and 50 L QVF batch reactors for process development and scale-up.
· A wealth of experience carrying out short (1–5 step) and multi-step (>25 steps) syntheses.
· Proficient in the use of several methods for product isolation and purification including; liquid–liquid extraction, column chromatography (both manual and automated), crystallisation and distillation.
· A wealth of experience performing, interpreting and reporting data for a range of advanced analytical techniques including; NMR, FT–IR, mass spectrometry (MS), gas chromatography (GC), GC–MS, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and LC–MS.