Areas of Expertise
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Technologies
- Cultural and Ethnic Studies
- Distance Education
- Educational Sciences
- Fine Arts
- General Education
- Health Sciences
- International Relations
- Language and Linguistics
- Political Science
- Preschool Education
- Social Gender Studies
- Social Sciences
- Special Education
- Syllabus and Teaching
- Urban Planning
|Bachelor of Arts
· Italian and Anthropology (Summa Cum Laude), University of Virginia, 1994
Master of Arts
· University of Texas, Italian, 1995-1998, Summer 1995, Spring 1996, Fall 1997, Spring 1998
· Drexel University, Italian, Summer 1999
· University of Pennsylvania, School of Arts and Sciences, Italian, 1999-2000, Fall 1999, Spring 2000
· University of Pennsylvania, Penn-in-Florence, Italian, Summer 2000
· University of Pennsylvania, School of Arts and Sciences, “Power and Persuasion,” Fall 2000, Spring 2001, Fall 2003, Spring 2004
· University of Pennsylvania, College of General Studies, “Introduction to the Classics of Western Civilization,” Fall 2001, “War and Cinema: Masculinity, Technology, and Fascism” Summer 2003
· Bilkent University, Civilizations, Cultures and Ideas, 2004-2009
· Italian Dreams: Neorealism and Deleuze, VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K.: Germany, 2008
· Who Loves You Like This, (Chi ti ama così), by Edith Bruck (110 pages), Philadelphia: Paul Dry Books, 2001.
“The ‘Fake Americans’ of the Italian Cinema: A Marketing Strategy or a Strategy for Interpretive Cooperation?” by Laura Parigi (translation from Italian), Directed by Allen Smithee, Eds. Jeremy Braddock and Stephen Hock, Minneapolis: U Minnesota P, 2000.
· “Checchina’s Virtue” (“La virtù di Checchina”), by Matilde Serao (translation from Italian), Writing to Delight: Italian Short Stories by Nineteenth Century Women Writers. Eds. Antonia Arslan and Gabriella Romani, Toronto: U of Toronto P, 2006.
· “Deleuze’s Beautiful Soul: Experimental Aesthetics and Creative Destruction,” Proceedings of Turkish Aesthetics Congress, SanArt: Ankara, 2007.
· Book review, Author: Giuseppe Candela, La politica della scrittura. Postmarxismo e postmodernità nella vita accademica Americana, Italian Studies journal: Annali d’italianistica, Vol. 25, AdI 2007.
· “The Insistence of the Virtual in Science and the History of Philosophy,” (joint translation from French with Peter Gaffney), Deleuze, Science and the Force of the Virtual, Ed. Peter Gaffney, Minneapolis: U Minnesota P, 2009.
· “The Intense Space(s) of Gilles Deleuze,” Deleuze, Science and the Force of the Virtual, Ed. Peter Gaffney, Minneapolis: U Minnesota P, 2009.
· “The Person and Human Life” by Roberto Esposito (translation from Italian), Theory after ‘Theory.’ Eds. Jane Elliott and Derek Attridge, New York: Routledge, 2011.
|· Lola Pelliccia Prize (Best Undergraduate Essay in Italian), 1992
· Award for Outstanding Original Research in Anthropology, 1993
· Marie M. Giuliano Prize (for Undergraduate Achievement in Italian), 1994
· Elected Phi Beta Kappa, 1994
· Awarded University Fellowship, 1994
· Dean’s Teaching Prize awarded, 1998
· Awarded William Penn Graduate Fellowship, 1998
· Nominated for Teaching Prize by Italian students, 2000
· Arts and Sciences Summer Study Fellowship, 2001
· Nominated for Dean’s Teaching Prize, 2001
· Awarded Dean’s Teaching Prize, 2004
|· “Night and Fog and Life is Beautiful: Versions of Truth in Documentary and Fiction.” University of Pennsylvania Life is Beautiful, organized by Millicent Marcus. November, 1999.
· “On Translating Edith Bruck’s Chi ti ama così: The Missing Number.” Session on Women and the Holocaust, AAIS, New York. April, 2000.
· “Blister’s Secret: Rhetoric and the Resistance in Beppe Fenoglio’s Short Fiction.” Pedagogical Session, AAIS, Philadelphia. May, 2001.
· “De Sica, Deleuze and the Logic of Multiplicity.” AAIS Session: Rethinking Cinematic Neorealism, SAMLA, Baltimore. November, 2002.
· “Deleuze’s Beautiful Soul: Experimental Aesthetics and Creative Destruction,” Turkish Congress of Aesthetics, METU, Ankara, 22 November 2006.
· “The Intense Space(s) of Gilles Deleuze,” Ankara, Bilkent CCI Colloquium, 21 April 2007.